Bethani Spraggins
Motor Learning
Dr. Epling
PDFE # 5
The slideshow entitled “Becoming Invaluable” was very helpful for me as a junior in college and would be even more helpful for a student just entering college. The slideshow presentation presents many questions that most students are not aware of. College freshman rarely think about graduate school or his/her overall plan for success in college. I think that it allows students to see the whole picture and not just focus on the everyday homework and test taking; it could make students remember that he/she is working towards an overall goal. I liked how the slideshow also gave information for those planning on attending graduate school and those students who plan to work in the sports field immediately after graduation.
This slideshow would have been helpful to me as a freshman because many times I felt that my advisor was only preparing me for the semester to come and not informing me of career options and the importance of being involved in extracurricular activities. My favorite statement in the power point was “Think about this for every grade you make, every assignment you complete, every organization you join, every experience you accept”. I try to have this thought process on a day to day and week to week basis when I feel like my school work is overwhelming me. I was thought that it was helpful to have the “resume tips” listed out in the power point because I feel like many people are unaware of what things will attract an employer to choose him/her. Overall, I know that this tool was helpful to me now and would be especially useful for a college freshman who might not realize the importance of actions now for his/her future endeavors.
No comments:
Post a Comment