Welcome to My Blog!!

Welcome to my Kin 330 Blog!!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

PDFE #7

Personal Ability Inventory:
Multilimb Coordination 4
Control Precision 4
Response orientation 5
Reaction time 5
Rate control 5
Manual dexterity 3
Finger dexterity 4
Arm-hand steadiness 3
Wrist-finger speed 4
Aiming 5
Explosive strength 4
Static strength 4
Dynamic strength 2
Trunk strength 3
Extent flexibility 4
Dynamic flexibility 2
Gross body equilibrium 2
Balance with visual cues 2
Speed of limb movement 4
Gross body coordination 3
Stamina 4
Movement rate 3
Motor timing 4
Perceptual timing 5
Force control 3

Five skills that I can perform at a fairly high level of proficiency:
1. Throwing a softball.
2. Dribbling a basketball.
3. Kicking a soccer ball into the goal.
4. Hitting a tennis ball with a tennis racket.
5. Hitting a softball with a softball bat.

Ideal Ability Profile for Kicking a soccer ball into the goal
1. Aiming
2. Control Precision
3. Response orientation
4. Speed of limb movement
5. Stamina
6. Static Strength
7. Perceptual timing
8. Force Control

Lab 6.2 Discussion:
The skill that I chose to create an ideal ability profile for was kicking a soccer ball into the goal. A person who has a nonideal ability profile, for example a person who had a weak ability in Response orientation and contol precision would need to use areas that they excel in such as stamina and aiming. A person who does well in an area such as stamina, could be successful at taking a shot in soccer if he/she could out run the other team and be able to dribble the ball unopposed. This would allow the person to avoid his/her weak area response orientation. A person who has trouble with control precision would need to begin practicing taking soccer shots from different areas.Since they have trouble with positioning his/her hands and feet, practice would improve this and because the person has excellent aiming abilities judging where to kick the soccer ball would probably not be difficult for them. Despite the person not excelling in certain ability areas they could still perform the skill of kicking a soccer ball into the goal.

When I compare my personal ability inventory to the ideal ability profile, there are many similarities in the areas I have an ability in and the skill I chose. I ranked a five in aiming, four in control precision, five in response orientation, four for speed of movement, four for stamina, four for static strength, five for perceptual timing, and three for fource control. Most of the abilities are very highly ranked and help me score a goal in soccer. The only low rank is for force control, and I could have overcome this semi-low rank in ability because I have played sports my entire life. I played soccer in middle and high school and this could help me perform this skill well. I enjoyed performing this lab, it was very interesting and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment